TWC and THECB Student Policies
Western Technical College always strives to meet the educational needs of our students. We have a Certificate of Approval from the Texas Workforce Commission (#S0117-Branch Campus and #S0118-Main Campus), and our programs are approved by the following entities:
- Texas Workforce Commission
- Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
- Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges
- Massage Therapy Program – approved by the Texas Department of State Health Services
- Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) Program – approved by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education
If you have concerns about Western Technical College or any of our programs, please follow the grievance process outlined in the School Catalog. If you are a student and do not have a copy of the handbook, please let school management know.
PTA students – click here to view the grievance process for this program.
If you’re dissatisfied with the response to your complaint or you were unable to file it, you may make a formal complaint with TWC or other relevant agencies/accreditors.
TEXAS HIGHER EDUCATION COORDINATING BOARD (THECB) COMPLAINT POLICY
After exhausting WT’s grievance/complaint process, current, former and prospective students may initiate a complaint with the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB).
Mail: Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, Office of General Counsel, P.O. Box 12788, Austin, Texas 78711-2788.
Rules Governing Student Complaints – Title 19 of the Texas Administrative Code, Sections 1.110-1.120